Each week we scour the internet to find great resources to share on our various social networks (@TESOL, @AmericanTESOL, and @ESLWebinars). These are favorite ESL and Education Technology posts, infographics, videos, lesson plans, and research for April. In the comments feel free to share your favorite posts related to teaching English with technology. Check out our past favorites here.
To learn more about integrating technology to support English language learners, attend our free Friday webinars.
Recommended Edtech and ESL Posts
- April 23rd is English Language Day. Find several resources by OUP here.
- In Depth, Complexity, and Graphic Organizers, @ByrdseedGifted describes how graphic organizers scaffold higher order thinking skills.
- Find several resources and ideas in the #ELTChat summary, Encouraging Self-Directed Learning.
- Discover classroom games in this article, Games as Comprehensible Input, by Fluency Matters.
- April is National Poetry Month! Discover 4 Poetry Activities for Language Learners by @SenorG.
- We recently discovered Alphabetimals, which has great resources for teaching very young language learners, such as an alphabet dictionary that pronounces each word, a cool word typer, and fun videos.
Check out the Teaching with Technology Certification course we offer online.
Live TESOL webinars are presented every Friday at 4 PM EST or New York time with Shelly Terrell. TESOL Lectures are open to the public, so feel free to invite a friend. To enter a TESOL Webinar, click here https://americantesol.adobeconnect.com/terrell/. Next, click Enter as a Guest, type your name, and click Enter Room.