Each week we scour the internet to find great resources to share on our various social networks (@TESOL, @AmericanTESOL, and @ESLWebinars). These are favorite ESL and Education Technology posts, infographics, videos, lesson plans, and research for January. In the comments feel free to share your favorite posts related to teaching English with technology. Check out our past favorites here.
To learn more about integrating technology to support English language learners, attend our free Friday webinars.
Recommended Edtech and ESL Posts
- Here is a great post about listening activities with TED Talks by Olya Sergeeva (@oyaelt).
- Learn about phonetics by listening to an interview with Sarah Silverman on the Language Log blog.
- Check out this great method, Ear to Ear Reading, to build reading fluency for young learners on the Elementary Language Learners blog.
- Maria Theologidou has listed some great activities great for any month in her post, Teaching Ideas for January.
- If you are considering joining Twitter or know teachers who are then you will enjoy this post, A Little Bird Told Me: Maximizing Your Learning on Twitter, with a cool infographic.
Check out the Teaching with Technology Certification course we offer online.
Live TESOL webinars are presented every Friday at 4 PM EST or New York time with Shelly Terrell. TESOL Lectures are open to the public, so feel free to invite a friend. To enter a TESOL Webinar, click here https://americantesol.adobeconnect.com/terrell/. Next, click Enter as a Guest, type your name, and click Enter Room.
Picture from Pixabay, https://pixabay.com/en/board-technology-computer-1311166/