Valentine’s Day is a special day to send greetings to those you love and appreciate. With web tools and apps your teens and adult language learners are able to send family members, peers, and loved ones digital greetings for free. Below are web resources for your language learners to discover the history and meaning of Valentine’s Day. Also, discover free websites and apps to get your language learners excited about creating Valentine’s Day greetings in English. For more ideas check out our webinar recording, Valentine’s Day Activities. To learn more about integrating technology to support English language learners, attend our free Friday webinars.
Websites, Apps, and Resources
- Students can learn the history of Valentine’s day with this animated Youtube video or these resources from the History Channel.
- Learn the meaning behind love idioms. Here is an infographic with 12 popular ones.
- Reasons for Buying Flowers is a great video lesson plan to get teens and adults to explore male and female stereotypes.
- Teens and adults will enjoy Desmos Valentine’s Day Math-o-grams for learning math and sending a unique Valentine’s Day message.
- Find Valentine’s Day videos, quizzes, and more by ESOLCourses
- Get students to watch this Youtube video, Various Hearts Found in Google Earth. They can then create their own videos of heart shape objects found around the school or communities.
- Students can create poetry with this virtual love magnetic poetry set.
- Create an animated Valentine’s Day gif with Piskel.
- Students can create Valentine’s day cards or poems with Magisto, Powtoon, Adobe Slate, EduBuncee, Canva, Fotobabble, and Red Stamp.
Check out the Teaching with Technology Certification course we offer online.
Live TESOL webinars are presented every Friday at 4 PM EST or New York time with Shelly Terrell. TESOL Lectures are open to the public, so feel free to invite a friend. To enter a TESOL Webinar, click here https://americantesol.adobeconnect.com/terrell/. Next, click Enter as a Guest, type your name, and click Enter Room.