Each week we scour the internet to find great resources to share on our various social networks (@TESOL, @AmericanTESOL, and @ESLWebinars). These are favorite ESL and Education Technology posts, infographics, videos, lesson plans, and research for March. In the comments feel free to share your favorite posts related to teaching English with technology. Check out our past favorites here.
To learn more about integrating technology to support English language learners, attend our free Friday webinars.
Recommended Edtech and ESL Posts
- Need to enhance your students’ reading skills. Check out these 11 Technology Tools for the Reading Classroom.
- We recently published an article on helping students be media literate. Add to this list this article from Teaching Tolerance, Fake News and Teachable Moments.
- Check out the free online March issue of Literacy Today featuring several great articles, including How Literacy Can Drive Social Change.
- @ValentinaESL has written a great article about using TPR, Making Learning Stick with Total Physical Response.
- @MsSalvac shares great ideas for using Kahoot and other game tools to teach language in her post, Gamify Language Acquisition with Kahoot.
- @JorisEAL shares great quotes by students and a valuable lesson in her post, My favourite home language quotes.
- @ELTExperiences has written a great post listing reasons Why Teachers Should Blog.
- Our newest web tool discovery is CaterpillarApp, which changes any video into a language course.
Check out the Teaching with Technology Certification course we offer online.
Live TESOL webinars are presented every Friday at 4 PM EST or New York time with Shelly Terrell. TESOL Lectures are open to the public, so feel free to invite a friend. To enter a TESOL Webinar, click here https://americantesol.adobeconnect.com/terrell/. Next, click Enter as a Guest, type your name, and click Enter Room.