Welcome to a new series where we feature our awesome free web tools and apps to support language learners and teachers. This month we are highlighting mysimpleshow, which is a web tool to transform any text into an explainer video with graphics and voiceover in minutes. Teachers can use this web tool to introduce, summarize, and explain topics worth sharing. Below find the benefits of using mysimpleshow to support English language learners.
- A short and sympathetic video can help raise attention and awake interest for almost any topic, which makes learning so much more fun
- Creating explainer videos is easy and exciting, and it also trains users regarding the application of creative resources
- Explainer videos are a great means to structure content, provide guidance, and give an overview
- Teachers can have their students create explainer videos as a result of research, elaboration, and creative work.
- Users can remember information better using video as the brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than text
- Writing the video script enhances writing skills, as students need to use transition phrases and must only include the most relevant information to align with the storyline template’s character limits
- Students can develop a heightened sense of cognitive association in regards to matching text and context with images on the screen
- Teachers can have students work in teams on video scripts and visualizations to aid in their collaboration skills
- Using video in addition to or in place of PowerPoints or other presentations keeps up with the 21st century trend of using technology in learning
To learn more about integrating technology to support English language learners, attend our free Friday webinars.