Every month we feature our favorite web tools and apps for English language learners and teachers. This month we are highlighting the Think Bilingual! Learn by Doing free iPad app. This app works especially well for young language learners. Think Bilingual is like an adventure game. The language learner is challenged to navigate immersive real-life situations. Users help a family of aliens make their way on earth, cook in the kitchen, drive a car, and clean the house. Each situation enhances listening skills as users follow spoken commands. Below are a list of Think Bilingual‘s features to support the learning needs of language learners.
- The current app has 44 levels covering people, directions, in the house, greetings, and cooking.
- New episodes appear monthly
- The level is for basic and intermediate learners
- Think Bilingual! is best for ages 8-16
- Supports multiple languages, including English, Spanish and French
To learn more about integrating technology to support English language learners, attend our free Friday webinars.