Welcome to a new series where we feature our favorite free web tools and apps for language learners and teachers. This month we are highlighting GoConqr, which is free and provides a range of tools for learning from planning, brainstorming and note-taking to testing and scoring. Language learners can find various study tools on a single platform. GoConqr is available on the web and as a free iOS and Android app. Below are a list of GoConqr‘s features to support the learning needs of language learners.
- Mind Maps- With GoConqr’s mind maps you can visualize your learning topics in an accessible and appealing way. In this way, you’ll organize your thoughts more efficiently , make connections between ideas and visually plot complex concepts for a deeper learning experience.
- Quizzes- One of the best ways to know how much you understand your study material is to test your knowledge. You can use GoConqr’s Quizzes to create different question types suitable for the subject you need to study. Once you complete the quiz, you’ll have a result with your score so that you can assess which parts you need to study more. You can then retake the quiz and track your progress.
- Online Courses- With the recent GoConqr update, you can now include media elements, such as videos and images in your online Courses, which can incorporate all of the GoConqr resource types This can add useful content and variety to your learning material, and allow you to revise an entire topic in a single Course.
- Flashcards- If you have trouble memorizing verbs, specific dates or mathematical formulas, for example, you can use GoConqr’s flashcards. Thanks to their attractive combination of textual and visual elements, they can train your mind to look at the small details and retain concepts much more easily.
- Notes- In GoConqr’s online library, members create notes on all types of learning topics every day. You can copy and add your own class notes to these to get help with those concepts that you find more difficult to understand.
- Study Groups- During March, the GoConqr platform reached 3 million registered users actively participating in the dissemination of knowledge. Therefore, through the different study groups you can find a learning community with a large number of teachers and students exchanging knowledge and academic experiences. You can find groups of all kinds, so it’s an opportunity to connect with people from different parts of the world who have similar concerns to yours.
To learn more about integrating technology to support English language learners, attend our free Friday webinars.