Vietnam is a beautiful and diverse country with many places that are waiting to be discovered. Here are some destinations to travel, teach, and experience the Land of the Ascending Dragon:
These hidden gems of Vietnam offer a glimpse into the country’s natural beauty, culture, and history, and are sure to leave a lasting impression.
- Bai Tu Long Bay: While Ha Long Bay is famous for its stunning scenery, its lesser-known neighbor, Bai Tu Long Bay, offers the same incredible landscapes without the crowds.
- Pu Luong Nature Reserve: Located in Thanh Hoa Province, Pu Luong Nature Reserve is a hidden gem that offers breathtaking mountain views, terraced rice fields, and traditional villages.
- Ba Be Lake: Situated in Bac Kan Province, Ba Be Lake is the largest natural freshwater lake in Vietnam and is surrounded by lush forests, limestone cliffs, and traditional stilt houses.
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park: This UNESCO World Heritage site in Quang Binh Province is home to some of the world’s largest caves and underground rivers, including the famous Son Doong Cave.
- Cao Bang: This northern province is home to many beautiful natural attractions, including Ban Gioc Waterfall, Nguom Ngao Cave, and the stunning karst landscape of Thang Hen Lake.
- Co To Island: Located off the coast of Quang Ninh Province, Co To Island is a peaceful and unspoiled paradise with pristine beaches and crystal-clear waters.
- Ha Giang Loop: This scenic motorbike route in Ha Giang Province offers breathtaking views of the mountains and valleys of northern Vietnam, as well as opportunities to visit traditional hill tribe villages.
Learn more about teaching English in Vietnam with TESOL certification.