Thailand is a country with a rich cultural heritage and a unique identity that sets it apart from other countries in the region. Here are 11 places in Thailand to apply to jobs, travel, and teach English:
- Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Chonburi, Thailand
- Hua Hin, Thailand
- Khon Kaen, Thailand
- Korat, Thailand
- Phrae, Thailand
- Phuket, Thailand
- Rayong, Thailand
- Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand
- Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
Experience some of the most special things about Thailand:
- Buddhist temples: Thailand is known for its numerous Buddhist temples, or “wats,” which are stunningly beautiful and often adorned with intricate carvings and colorful mosaics.
- Thai cuisine: Thai food is famous around the world for its bold flavors and use of fresh herbs and spices. Popular dishes include pad Thai, green curry, and tom yum soup.
- Thai massage: Thai massage is a traditional form of massage that combines acupressure, stretching, and yoga-like movements to help relieve stress and improve circulation.
- Elephants: Elephants are a revered animal in Thailand, and you can see them in various parts of the country. Elephant sanctuaries offer visitors the chance to interact with these gentle giants in a responsible and ethical way.
- Floating markets: Thailand’s floating markets are a unique and colorful way to experience the country’s culture and cuisine. Vendors sell everything from fresh fruits and vegetables to handmade crafts and souvenirs from boats.
- Festivals: Thailand is known for its many festivals, which are colorful, lively, and often involve music, dance, and traditional costumes. The most famous festival is the Songkran water festival, which celebrates the Thai New Year.
- Beaches: Thailand’s beaches are some of the most beautiful in the world, with crystal-clear waters, white sands, and stunning sunsets. Popular destinations include Phuket, Koh Samui, and Krabi.
- Tuk-tuks: Tuk-tuks are a popular mode of transportation in Thailand, especially in busy cities like Bangkok. These three-wheeled vehicles are a fun and unique way to get around and experience the local culture.
- Muay Thai: Muay Thai, or Thai boxing, is a martial art that has become popular around the world. In Thailand, it is a national sport and a way of life for many people.
- Hospitality: Thai people are known for their warmth and hospitality, and visitors to the country are often struck by the kindness and generosity of the locals.
Learn more about teaching English in Thailand with TESOL certification.