Every Business English student needs to learn finance. Teaching finance can be tricky, since it includes math, language, and procedures, which may all be new to your language learners. The resources below will help you teach financial literacy in engaging ways. For more ideas, check out our webinar recording, Let’s Get Down to Business! Business English: Finance Lessons and Activities.
To learn more about integrating technology to support English language learners, attend our free Friday webinars.
- Games that teach financial literacy
- Spent is a game for adults with different financial scenarios.
- Student Stocktrader is a game for students and adults to learn about the stock market.
- Practical Money Skills has games for children to teens.
- The Mint has financial literacy games for children.
- Finance in the Classroom has several games and interactives for children and teens.
- Shark Tank Projects
- Create a business plan!
- Create marketing campaigns for local businesses with Canva.
- Good Calculators– A collection of online calculators for use in everyday domestic and commercial use!
- Business English Podcast
- Students create infographics! Find resources here.
- Google Forms, Slides, Docs, and Spreadsheets for data collection, charts, graphs, accounting, presentations, group projects, and more!
Check out the Teaching with Technology Certification course we offer online.
Live TESOL webinars are presented every Friday at 4 PM EST or New York time with Shelly Terrell. TESOL Lectures are open to the public, so feel free to invite a friend. To enter a TESOL Webinar, click here https://americantesol.adobeconnect.com/terrell/. Next, click Enter as a Guest, type your name, and click Enter Room.
Picture from Pixabay, https://pixabay.com/en/money-savings-piggy-white-1885540/