Every month we feature our favorite web tools and apps for English language learners and teachers. This month we are highlighting Visme. Visme is a web tool for creating stunning presentations, infographics and other visual content in minutes. Visme is great for student presentations, especially for university students and Business English students. Below are a list of Visme‘s features to support the learning needs of language learners.
- Students can enhance their visual communication skills by learning how to simplify and translate complex information into visuals with text.
- Teachers can make their lessons more engaging by using infographics, instead of text-based presentations, to present a new concept. See example: http://blog.visme.co/infographic-examples-for-students/
- Teachers can assign the creation of infographics as a medium to present the results of a project. See example: http://blog.visme.co/infographic-examples-for-students/
- Students can create infographics, instead of the typical presentation, as a way to communicate their ideas.
- Students can design timelines to visualize chronological events. See example: http://blog.visme.co/timeline-template/
- Teachers can learn different ways to organize and present information. See example: http://blog.visme.co/types-of-infographics/
- Students can compare two or more concepts or things using comparison infographics. See example: http://blog.visme.co/comparison-infographic-templates/
- Students can visualize how vocabulary words can be used in different circumstances using infographics. See examples: http://blog.visme.co/best-infographic-examples/#education
To learn more about integrating technology to support English language learners, attend our free Friday webinars.