The TESOL Expert Program provides a base knowledge in theories of TESOL with focus on teaching English to adults, children, and business professionals. This program is two hundred hours self paced online, and includes three certification courses, TESOL Advanced, TESOL for Children, and TESOL for Business. Participants have up to 21 months to complete studies in the American TESOL Learning Management System.
TESOL Expert Program
- Examine the core knowledge of TESOL
- Create ESL lesson plans
- Assess and compare TESOL methods of teaching
- Facilitate successful communication in the TESOL classroom
- Correctly identify various methods and approaches to TESOL.
- Improvement of student achievement by creating a safe and shameless learning environment.
- Improvement of teacher confidence.
- Introduction to teaching ESL online.
- Consistently provide a classroom environment that is supportive to the latest trends in TESOL.
- Design and implement ESL lesson plans that reflect best teaching practices, and target student ESL learning needs.
- Demonstrate high expectations of all students learning.
- Monitor and assess student progress.
Modules & Materials
- Upon completion participants receive three certifications, TESOL Advanced, plus TESOL for Children, and TESOL for Business.
- TESOL certification issuance is based on successful completion of required assignments, lectures, quizzes, and a final exam.
- Participation requirements include a high school diploma, and fluency in English. Internet access is required to complete online studies.
- Access the TESOL Learning Management System to interact live with American TESOL instructors, complete assignments, and view progress towards TESOL certification.